New York (November 16, 2011) – Kenshoo (www.kenshoo.com), a global leader in digital marketing software, today unveiled key trends and data on the impact of Facebook advertising, uncovered through a study that examined a cross-section of Kenshoo Social customer campaigns. General Manager, Kenshoo Social Sivan Metzger presented the findings at a Marketing API event hosted by Facebook at its New York office.
Among other information, Metzger presented three key findings across two situations:
For retailers targeting Facebook ads to existing fans and friends of fans with the goal of driving sales, Kenshoo found:
- 20 percent of all online retail sales driven by Facebook ad campaigns had multiple Facebook ad clicks in the path to conversion
- 22.5 percent of all online retail sales that had a Facebook ad click in the path to conversion also had a search ad click in the path
- For brands aiming to drive Facebook applications installations, Facebook Sponsored Stories drove a 300% better conversion rate than non-social ad formats
Metzger suggested three best practices to boost Facebook ad conversions, based on the data:
- Advertisers should use a centralized tracking technology to compare the performance of all Facebook ad types and channels down to the user level
- Retailers should augment Facebook advertising campaigns driving traffic to external Websites with ads to drive likes for their Facebook pages to widen the audience by which they can target ads to fans and friends of fans for their external campaigns
- Brands should leverage Facebook Sponsored Stories to drive engagement within Facebook
Kenshoo is a digital marketing software company that engineers technology solutions for search marketing, social media and online advertising. Advertisers, agencies and marketing providers use Kenshoo Enterprise, Kenshoo Local and Kenshoo Social to direct more than $15 billion in annual customer sales revenue. The Kenshoo Universal Platform delivers automation, business intelligence, integration and scale to make better marketing investments. Kenshoo powers 6 of the top 10 global hotel groups, 7 of the top 10 retailers, 7 of the top 10 telecoms, 9 of the top 10 ad agency networks, and 23 of the Fortune 50 companies. With campaigns running in more than 100 countries, Kenshoo customers include Annalect, Barnes & Noble, CareerBuilder, Expedia, Facebook, Havas Digital, Hitwise, iREP, John Lewis, LendingTree, Sears, Starcom MediaVest Group, Tesco, Travelocity, Walgreens, and Zappos. Kenshoo has ten international offices and is backed by Sequoia Capital and Arts Alliance. Please visit www.Kenshoo.com for more information.