With more than 15 million products and on average 85 million monthly visits*, GittiGidiyor is a leader in the Turkish e-commerce space. The popular trading platform was founded in 2001 by Serkan Borançılı, Burak Divanlıoğlu and Tolga Kabatas and is headquartered in Istanbul. GittiGidiyor’s success caught the eye of e-commerce giant, eBay, and was acquired by them in April 2011.
GittiGidiyor turned to Metrics34 to increase brand awareness, acquire new users and drive first-time purchases for their quickly growing trading platform. The team’s KPIs included cost per first-time acquisition and return on ad spend. Additionally, they wanted to run campaigns to acquire installs for their app at an efficient cost. It was crucial to GittiGidiyor that their entire program had to be optimized to not only get new leads but also drive new purchases.
- Pumped out more ads in less time with Kenshoo’s bulk creation capabilities.
- Efficiently implemented a highly-precise audience strategy by creating and managing GittiGidiyor’s many audiences in bulk with Personas.
- Activated engaging creative, including video and carousel ads, by tapping into Creative Manager’s A/B testing capabilities and actionable insights.
- Tested the following Facebook features while they were still in beta:
- Creative smart overlays
- Placement Optimization for Video Ads
- Broad prospecting for Dynamic Ad campaigns
- Dynamic Ads for Mobile App Installs
- Analysis Grid powered the team to group ads by up to 10 different attributes and easily sort by performance to quickly see what’s working and take bulk action to quickly optimize performance, including the bulk refresh of ad copy and creative within a few clicks.
- Custom Metrics enabled the team to define KPI calculations that are unique to how GittiGidiyor measures success. These custom metrics were leveraged for measurement, reporting and were especially critical to optimization.
- Kenshoo seamlessly integrated with ProductsUp, the team’s feed management provider.
- The Kenshoo Client Success team was responsive and had regular meetings to strategize.
The results were impressive! Metrics34 drove a 22% higher return on ad spend, 29.5% lower cost per new customer acquisition and 43% lower cost per app install for GittiGidiyor’s Facebook advertising program. They even tripled GittiGidiyor’s site traffic from Facebook and Instagram!
* According to SimilarWeb
- Implement and scale a winning Facebook ad program to increase brand awareness, acquire new users and drive first-time purchases for GittiGidiyor, a Turkish ecommerce leader.
- Bulk creation capabilities
- Creative Manager
- Analysis Grid
- Custom Metrics
- ProductsUp Integration
- 43% Lower Cost per App Install
- 29.50% Lower Cost per New Customer Acquisition
- 22.20% Higher Return on Ad Spend