About The Position
Data is what drives our business here at Kenshoo, and at a very large scale.
We are looking for a skilled database administrator, who is excited and passionate about data and databases, to join our team.
In this role, you'll be given the opportunity to:
- manage our hundreds of production databases and face exciting challenges related to multi-tenancy, large scale, query tuning, automatic deployments, and more.
- Take on challenges related to multi-tenancy, large scale, query tuning, automatic deployments, design, monitoring, etc.
- Develop in-house automation and microservices for self-heal, management, scale, and more
- work with all the latest and cutting-edge tools out there, such as Grafana, logz.io, zeppelin, Ansible, and more
- 3+ years of experience with MySQL/Oracle/Postgres DB administration
- Deep knowledge and experience with working in a production environment
- In-depth Linux OS experience and knowledge
- Development experience (scripting, services, applications, stored procedures)
- Infrastructure experience (installations, monitoring tools, agents, scripts)
- Ability to work in an intensive 24X7 production environment
- Constantly push to see the large picture and improve
- Team player with amazing communication skills
- Ability to adjust to the fast pace of changing technologies
- Versatile personality for handling wide areas of responsibility
- Experience with python/bash/Perl
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Jenkins, CI-CD)
- Experience with managing MemSQL production environments
- Experience with the AWS cloud environment and RDS
- Hands-on experience with developing APIs and automation with Python (Flask, virtualenv, invoke, pytest, etc.. )